At the February Council meeting the council approved an ad-hock team to lead the church through the upcoming transition period.
Members of this team are:
Jerrie Hanson, Council President
Steve Weatherly, Vice President of Council
Ted Massey, Finance Chair
Marcia Knutson, Student Ministry Chair
Linda Urick, Social Concerns Chair
Interim Sr. Pastor Tim White
Associate Pastor Jon Gerdts
Associate Pastor Tom Lovan
Barb Baker, Church Administrator
The Roles of the Transition Team are:
- A Prayer Team of volunteers has been implemented to keep the entire transition and Call process in daily prayer!
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the relative health of the congregation. 3 things have already been put in motion and they are:
- The transition team recommended to the Finance Team and Council to approve the hiring of Pastor Tim White as the Interim Sr. Pastor.
- Pastor Paul Anderson, a church consultant from Minneapolis led a retreat involving the staff, transition team, council and their team members.
- ‘Holy Cow’ Consulting Company has been hired to conduct a thorough assessment of the relative health of the congregation. The entire congregation will be part of this survey process in the month of May. This survey can be found under the 'Connect' tab. We ask that every adult in the congregation complete the survey as this will help gauge the strength, vitality, and trends in our church and help us better prepare for the future of MLC. The link to the Holy Cow Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MorningsideLC
- Communicate to the congregation information regarding the ongoing transition steps.
- The transition team will serve as a support to the call committee.
- All plans of action by the transition team will be taken to the church council for approval.
Please reach out to any of the team members with your questions.